Flint is hiring at Manager level, looking for candidates with expertise in technology and/or financial services.
Flint Managers play a pivotal role in managing client engagements. They lead projects and also support Partners and Directors in business development.
You will work closely with colleagues from across Flint, providing a mix of strategic advice and expert analysis to multiple clients, while also playing an important role in developing new business. Flint advises on a broad range of complex issues across a wide variety of sectors. For example, we:
- support clients in managing competition, regulatory or policy concerns that arise from transactions;
- support companies with specific competition and regulatory issues such as investigations or the development or reform of regulatory regimes
- help companies understand the impact of government policy, regulation and legislation on their business; and
- advise on significant strategic and organisational decisions to support our clients’ commercial objectives.
The type of candidate we are looking for
Ideal candidates for the role:
- can deliver rigorous insight and analysis, working alone or as part of a team
- support Directors and Partners in developing and delivering client proposals and pitches
- lead defined projects within major clients, including getting to grips with new subject areas
- take responsibility for delivery of the highest possible quality work for Flint clients, overseeing the work of other team members where appropriate
- take charge of project management of client accounts, ensuring effective deployment of resources and management of budgets, subject to direction by accountable Partner
- engage with key counterparts in client companies and ensure that key aspects of the relationship are delivered effectively
- support work in driving forward marketing initiatives or plans, for example developing Flint’s offer and approach to a specific sector
- show ability and commitment to developing a personal network
- line manage consultants on the engagements for which they are responsible
Knowledge, skills & experience
We are looking for self-starting individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds with proven ability in policy and/or regulation. Our team has a mix of consulting, corporate, investor and public sector experience. You will:
- have experience of regulatory policy-making in Westminster, Whitehall or a major regulator and/or corporate or investor experience in technology or financial service sectors
- bring a solid understanding of competition and regulatory economics and/or financial regulation
- have excellent analytical, quantitative, research and problem-solving skills including the ability to give clear strategy and policy advice based on evidence and analysis
- be accomplished at obtaining, manipulating and analysing information
- be effective in communicating orally and in writing, including experience in writing formal reports
- have excellent project management skills and experience in managing individuals/teams
- have sufficient relevant professional experience to demonstrate the ability to be an effective Manager
Flint is a European strategy consultancy. We are advisers to many of the largest corporates, financial institutions, and investors in Europe. We work at the point where government and business meet, drawing on our blend of international expertise and experience to offer an authoritative perspective on both.
We work with organisations affected by political, policy, or regulatory change. Our clients are senior executives looking to improve the trajectory of their business, manage regulatory risk, or to achieve commercial outcomes through policy or regulatory change. Flint helps them to drive their businesses forward.
We have offices in London and Brussels, and work across the EU and internationally. We offer successful candidates the opportunity to advance within the company.
We offer a competitive salary and a range of benefits including pension scheme, private medical insurance, and life insurance, in addition to a generous bonus scheme.