We are looking for a maternity cover within our finance team. This is a very dynamic and hands-on role working at the heart of our fast-growing company. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are confident to assist key stakeholders. The right candidate will be comfortable with working in a fast-moving, fluid environment and have the ability to influence colleagues and to encourage them to work within a disciplined financial framework.
We are looking for the successful applicant to commence in December 2020 or January 2021 for a period of 9-12 months.
The role would encompass the following responsibilities:
- Assist in leading aspects of finance across financial planning and analysis, financial accounting & reporting.
- Prepare reports for senior management meetings and managing partners.
- Work closely to monitor client budgets/forecasts, activity and profitability.
- Manage cash flow and working capital requirement. Play an active role managing bank accounts.
- Ensure reporting deadlines are met and information provided is accurate, clear and concise.
- Assist and lead on procurement and contracts.
- Client profitability and practice area analysis.
- Help lead the annual audit.
- Assist and lead team in monthly payroll.
The kind of qualifications and experience we are looking for are:
- 5+ years financial management experience, within an SME preferred but not essential.
- Experience in the management of forecasts and budgets.
- Ability to deliver fast ‘helicopter view’ financial analysis as well as bottom up detailed modelling.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to closely liaise with broad range of stakeholders and communicate with demanding financial and non-financial people.
- Experience line managing individuals and putting in place processes and checks to support their professional development.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
A competitive salary is on offer for the right candidate, and we are open to negotiation in respect of remuneration and the terms of employment.
Any questions, please email email@example.com